Chin Augmentation (Mentoplasty) is a surgical procedure that corrects the shape of a chin by utilizing chin implants or fat transferring.
Chin augmentation benefits:
- correct a weak chin,
- strengthen the appearance of a receding chin
- Improves the overall facial appearance.
Why Chin Augmentation at Nida Esth’?
- The expertise of a surgeon – Dr. Piya Rungruxsiri – who has a special technique of chin augmentation and more-than-19-year experience in surgical field.
- Anesthesiologists and nurse teams who have experiences in taking care patients and hospitalization both local and international
- We provide VECTRA 3D which can simulates a 3 dimensional photographs of an expecting result of procedures
- Standardized and certified chin implants from the USA, especially selected for each individual
- Stem cell process for chin augmentation is professionally taken care by a plastic surgeon and a specialist
Who is suitable for chin augmentation?
- Who has a weak and short chin, resulting in unproportional looks
- Who has a unsymmetrical chin, resulting in unsatisfying looks
- Who has a dimpled chin – a heart-shaped chin
Types of Chin Augmentation
1. Chin Augmentation with Silicone implants
The implant comes in various shapes and sizes that will fit your preference. It can be used to make the chin look wider, stronger or ever longer. The chin implant is placed over the bone structure of your lower jaw to reshape your chin according to your desire.
2. Chin Augmentation with Fat Graft
Also known as Microfat grafting technique is an alternative way of enhancing your chin. A certain amount of fat suctioned out from your body will be implanted or transferred to your chin. This will result to a more natural looking chin. It also decreases the possibility of infection, implant rejection and migration. A “weak” chin profile can be improved by fat grafting alone.
Which way of chin augmentation should we choose?
Chin augmentation with a chin implant is a decision made by both a surgeon and a patient. Mostly, incisions of chin augmentation include
- Incision underneath a chin
Post-operation care for this incision is easier than the other. The incision is about 2 cm. Avoid the incision to get in touch with water. And, 7 days after the surgery, stitching off is needed. However, this method appears that this method is not popular because a wound is visible.
- Inside of month incision
The plastic surgeon will make an incision inside of a mouth – around a gum and a lower lip. This method cause invisible incisions. The length of the incision is 2 cm. Then, separate tissues and chin bones to insert the chin implant at the desired position. Catgut is then used to stitch the incision. The procedure takes only less than an hour.
Process of Chin Augmentation
- Schedule an appointment for consultation
- A consultation with you plastic surgeon with detailed examination and discussion about chin augmentation and potential risks and benefits associated with the procedure.
- Discuss about your goals and expected outcome regarding the surgery
- Inform the surgeon about all the medications you are taking, including vitamins, food supplements, etc. The surgeon may instruct you to stop taking a certain medicine before and after the surgery.
- Inform the surgeon any particular drug and food allergies you have
- No smoking 2 weeks before the surgery
- Decide for a schedule of the surgery