“Which hair transplant is the best for us?” is probably a popular question for people with hair loss and baldness because hair transplant is a very delicate surgery. If you do not study well, it may cause negative effects or unexpected results. Besides this popular question, there will be many others; for example, where should I get a hair transplant? Which doctor is good and specializes in hair transplantation? Or after the procedure, will the problems return?
Currently, there are many hair transplant clinics with various hair transplant innovations for us to choose from. So who is interested in hair transplantation should do some researches and consider carefully about the information, risks and possible outcomes along with choosing a standardized clinic or hair transplant center and a specialist surgeon. Today Nida Esth' Medical Center has gathered what you should know before deciding to receive a hair transplant update the popular hair transplant trends in 2022.
- 1.How do we know we are suffering from hair loss caused by hormones and genetics which is the main reason for baldness problems
- 2.Update on the top trending hair transplant in 2021
- 3.Make sure that the type of hair transplant is most suitable for our hair problems
- 4.Non-surgical hair transplant procedure with your own cells UR Cell hair Micro Transplant+
- 5.How important is cell nursery after hair transplant with Ur Cell Hair Micro Transplant+?
- 6.Check out the differences between UR Cell Hair Micro Transplant Plus+ compared to other hair transplants
- 7.Is UR Cell hair Micro Transplant giving a permanent result?
- 8.Check the reliability and safety measures of the hair transplant center
- 9.Check the credibility of the surgeon who performed the hair transplant
- 10.Is there a technology that can guarantee and give measurable results?
1.How do we know we are suffering from hair loss caused by hormones and genetics which is the main reason for baldness problems
Did you know that according to a research reported in the United States published in the NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), it is said that hormonal and genetic hair loss are the main causes of hair loss problems? Baldness is found more than 73% in Asians, including Thai people. Therefore, before talking about the hair transplant trend of 2021, let's explore first whether our hair loss problem - thinning is caused by hormones and heredity which you can easily check as follows.
1. Is there anyone in the family who has hair loss problems from hormones and genetics? The problem of hair loss from hormones and genetics can be passed on from generation to generation, so if our parents or grandparents have hair loss problems, we also have the opportunity to face that problem too.
2. Don't have a lot of hair loss each day but the hair on the scalp is noticeably thinner.
3. Has there been a change in the condition of the hair? That is to say, large hair has become smaller and thinner.
4. Do you have hair loss problems with some of the following types?
4.1 From the picture, it can be seen that the problem of hair loss from hormones and genetics in women will look thin starting from the middle of the head and expands to be like a fried-egged shape until it covers the middle of the scalp as shown in figure 2-4 according to the level of severity.
4.2 But in the case of men's hair loss, it starts from picture number 2, that is, the hair tends to start thinning on the front part first and then in the middle of the head. And, when the problem gets more severe, the front part and the part in the middle of the head will become wider and wider until they come together as one as shown in Figure 4-5-6.
Therefore, if you try to observe yourself according to these 4 items, and then find that it matches your own problem. We can conclude that we might have hormonal and genetic hair loss problems.
What is hair loss from hormonal and genetics?
Hereditary hair loss or Androgenetic alopecia, or AGA, is an inherited genetic disorder that occurs mostly in males but there are some that occur in females too. The symptoms that occur often do not adversely affect physical health but may have a negative effect on the mental state and confidence. According to statistics, Thai people tend to have some genetic hair problems in men between the ages of 18-90.
This is caused by an increase in the level of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase in the scalp. Usually, this enzyme is responsible for changing testosterone to the hormone dihydrotestosterone or DHT, which is the hormone that causes the hair follicle to shrink down. This is why people with hereditary thin hair have increased levels of the enzyme 5α-reductase, causing the hair follicles to shrink until the hair produced is thin and short, causing thinning hair, hair falling out and baldness.
2.Update on the top trending hair transplant in 2022
There are many different hair transplant technologies in 2022 but there are 3 types of the most popular hair transplant technology:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Non-surgical hair transplantation with our own cells (UR Cell hair MicroTransplant+)
1. Follicular Unit Transplantation: FUT
It is a cutting of the scalp from the back of the occipital area to be sewn to the scalp where there is no hair. The excised part is sutured and a scar can be formed. The starting price is 50,000 baht.
2. Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE
This method brings hair roots from the back and planted at the area where the hair is thin. It is divided into hair follicle transplantation using large volumes by using 4 – 10 hair roots per each with prices ranging from 50,000 – 200,000 baht, depending on the area and the amount of hair grown and it is not guaranteed that the hair follicle cells will perfectly be embedded in the hair follicle?
3. UR Cell Hair Micro Transplant+ with hair root cells, no need to take drugs, no surgery
UR Cell Hair Micro Transplant+ is a hair transplant by using “hair follicle cells” of those who have thinning hair problems extracted to obtain live and strong cells that are ready to be “embedded” in the problem area. This method does not require medication, surgery and hair shaving and also it creates no risk of sexual dysfunction. Plus, it gives the results of thick and natural hair.
This is considered the only exclusive technology in Thailand that combines the science of increasing a number of hairs from Europe and the technique of increasing hair thickness from Japan together. It is also widely popular today in both Thai and foreign patients. The cost of this treatment ranges from 175,000 – 450,000 baht, depending on the severity of the thinning hair problem.
3. Make sure that the type of hair transplant is most suitable for our hair problems
Who is suitable for FUT hair transplant?
- Individuals with severe hair thinning or baldness
- People who want to create a new hair line in areas that have never had hair before
- Suitable for people who need to grow more than 2500 grafts or more
Who is suitable for FUE hair transplant?
- Individuals with severe genetic baldness
- People who want to create a new hair line in areas that have never had hair before
- Suitable for people who want to solve the problem of baldness with hair transplant surgery without causing large scars
Who is suitable for Ur Cell Hair Micro Transplant?
- Individuals with hair loss problems from hormones and genetics at the beginning - moderate level
- Suitable for those who do not want surgery. And, after treatment, you are ready to live your normal life immediately.
- Suitable for those who do not want to take medicine due to concerns about side effects
- Suitable for people who do not want to shave their hair before treatment
4. Non-surgical hair transplant procedure with your own cells UR Cell hair Micro Transplant+
Hair transplant with “your own cells” is the only licensed hair transplant technique in Thailand that combines the science of increasing the number of hair from Europe and techniques to increase hair thickness from Japan together. Therefore, the results after the treatment are effective and naturally increasing the number of thick healthy hair.
It can be summarized as the following three steps.
- “Harvest” healthy hair follicles in areas not affected by hormones and genetics, approximately 4-5 hair follicles with a special tool of only 2 mm.
- "Extracted" through the process of Live Cells Activation to obtain hundreds of thousands of hair follicle cells that are still alive.
- “Inject” into the scalp in areas with thinning hair problems with a procedure called “Auto Transplant”, which in medicine is Transplantation of cells from the patient's own body by these viable and healthy cells to repair and strengthen new hair roots through the process called “Cell repair cells” until they grow into thick real and natural hair.
5.How important is cell nursery after hair transplant with Ur Cell Hair Micro Transplant+?
“Implantation of hair follicles” is the extraction of 300,000-500,000 healthy live cells to be planted in areas with thinning hair problems. These cells act like “Cell repair cells” to repair old hair follicle cells that are unhealthy and close to falling off to be stronger. It can break down and increase the number of healthy new cells and grow into new, thick hair. In fact, these cells also need essential nutrients for their growth so UR Cell Hair Micro Transplant Plus+ program covers everything from in-depth analysis of hair problems at the cellular level to the post-operation of hair follicle cell care to allow cells to grow perfectly as follows:
- The use of Low-Level Laser accelerates the cell division reaction
- Hair Hormone Balance to balance the cells to be in a balanced state
- Hair Nutrition that is necessary for the growth of hair follicle cells
- HARG (Hair Regenerative Therapy) technique to increase the thickness of the hair
- Medi-Hair Product from Japan, a concentrated herbal extraction product from Japan that strengthens and stimulates the thickness of the hair
6.Check out the differences between UR Cell Hair Micro Transplant Plus+ compared to other hair transplants
7.Check out the differences between UR Cell Hair Micro Transplant Plus+ compared to other hair transplants
The extracted hair follicle cells will act to protect the hair follicle from the effect of testosterone. Therefore, it can inhibit hair loss together with the theory of “Cell repairs Cell” to repair hair follicle cells caused by the effect of Hormone Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) to return to a healthy state. It can adjust the abnormal hair cycle back to normal. The result is that new hair grows according to the normal life cycle of the hair. Also, it can stimulate the division of hair follicle cells and fortify the nutrients that are necessary and useful for the growth of hair follicle cells. The result is a thick new hair that can be naturally formed in the long run. This is considered the longest-lasting hair transplant technique that has it all.
8.Check the reliability and safety measures of the hair transplant center
Currently, there are many hospitals that offer hair transplant surgery. The selection of a hospital is therefore another factor that should not be overlooked by considering the following things:
- Safety Policy Measures for safety and cleanliness in the hair transplant center
- Certificated surgeons with expertise and experience.
- AI Plan with clear details of the treatment program from how to do it and the exact cost
- Close supervision before and after the treatment by skilled nurses
- Hair transplants are performed in a standardized, safe facility that has been certified by international institutions
- Clear assessment of the results before and after the procedures
9.Check the credibility of the surgeon who performed the hair transplant
After being confident in choosing a good place to grow your hair, we also have to study the information of the doctor if he is a specialist in hair transplantation or not. The surgeon must
- Have a diploma of plastic surgeon and clear professional license You can check the list of surgeons at https://www.thprs.org/find-doctor
- Have many therapeutic works to be a guarantee of experience in treatment
- Provide a technology that helps to measure the results before and after treatment
- Be able to create a systematic treatment plan that is ready to answer the problems of each patient
10.Is there a technology that can guarantee and give measurable results?
The secret of hair loss treatment with Ur Cell Hair Micro Transplant+ that why every case has a satisfying result is that we have to get to know the technology that is the secret of success, the Nano Score Robotic System.
Nano Score Robotic Systems technology is an advanced technology from Germany. They are usually not found in general hair clinics or institutions. It will only be used in national medical research centers, but Nida Esth' Medical Centre invests in technology to analyze hair loss treatment, thinning hair, making permanent hair transplants with Ur Cell Hair Micro Transplant seeing amazing results.
Nano Score Robotic Systems can analyze hair and scalp deeply to the cellular level, which can
1) Count the number of hairs and the average total density of the hair
2) Measure the percentage of thick, and healthy hair
3) Measure the number of hair roots (Follicular Unit)
4) Measure the average amount of hair in the Follicular Unit to see how many percent of the hair is
The results of this analysis can enable the doctor to assess the cause and severity of the hair loss problem.
When the results of the analysis are accurate, the way to treat hair loss wouldn't be difficult anymore. If the analysis results show that there can be hair growth and the hair follicle is still not closed. This means that hair transplantation with Ur Cell Hair Micro Transplant must yield satisfactory results. But if the results of the analysis with Nano Score Robotic Systems come out that the hair follicles on the scalp are permanently closed and cannot grow. The doctor will honestly inform the result that it is not suitable for treating hair loss with Ur Cell Hair Micro Transplant so that the patient does not incur unnecessary expenses.
From the above, 10 things you should know before the hair transplant, you can see that there is nothing that is not important to know before hair transplantation. Especially during the epidemic crisis of COVID-19 like this, it is necessary to study the medical information more thoroughly before treatment because in addition to taking into account the results of treatment, safety is another important factor that should be taken into account equally. It can be said that it is a collective knowledge before you decide to treat hair loss problems as well.
If you are experiencing hair loss from hormones and genetics or are unsure of the exact cause, you can get a consultation from a specialist of Nida Esth' Medical Centre by calling 02-252-2121 or Line Official Account @nida_esth
- William Cranwell, MBBS(Hons), BMedSc(Hons), Male Androgenetic Alopecia; website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK278957/#male-androgen-alpcia.toc-references
- Won-Soo Lee, M.D., Ph.D.corresponding author and Hae-Jin Lee, M.D., Characteristics of Androgenetic Alopecia in Asian; website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3412231/
- Olsen EA. Disorders of Hair Growth: Diagnosis and Treatment. New York: McGraw-Hill Inc. .
- Montagna W, Ellis R. The Biology of Hair Growth. New York: NY Academic Press.
- Smith MA, Wells RS. Male-Type Alopecia, Alopecia Areata, and Normal Hair in Women; Family Histories. Archives of dermatology 1964; 89:95-98
- Severi G, Sinclair R, Hopper JL, English DR, McCredie MR, Boyle P, Giles GG. Androgenetic alopecia in men aged 40-69 years: prevalence and risk factors. The British journal of dermatology 2003; 149:1207-1213
- Passchier J. Quality of life issues in male pattern hair loss. Dermatology 1998; 197:217-218
- Cotton SG, Nixon JM, Carpenter RG, Evans DW. Factors discriminating men with coronary heart disease from healthy controls. British heart journal 1972; 34:458-464
- Ford ES, Freedman DS, Byers T. Baldness and ischemic heart disease in a national sample of men. American journal of epidemiology 1996; 143:651-657
- Lesko SM, Rosenberg L, Shapiro S. A case-control study of baldness in relation to myocardial infarction in men. Jama 1993; 269:998-1003
- Ahouansou S, Le Toumelin P, Crickx B, Descamps V. Association of androgenetic alopecia and hypertension. European journal of dermatology : EJD 2007; 17:220-222