What is Breast Lift?
Breast lift or Mastopexy is a surgical procedure that tightens and corrects women’s breast problems as follows
- Saggy breasts but still symmetrical to a body
- Lack of skin elasticity and flexibility
- Flat and long breasts
- No support of breasts, resulting in nipples are under inframammary
- Nipples and areolas are pointed downwards
- Stretch marks and enlarged areolas
Why Breast Lift at Nida Esth’
- The expertise of a surgeon – Dr. Piya Rungruxsiri – who has a special technique of breast lift and more-than-19-year experience in surgical field.
- Anesthesiologists and nurse teams who have experiences in taking care patients and hospitalization both local and international
- We provide VECTRA 3D which can simulates a 3 dimensional photographs of an expecting result of procedures
- Standardized and certified medical instruments.
- Patients will be receiving professional care from nurses who demonstrates post-operation care.
Who is a candidate for Breast Lift?
- Patients who have saggy and untightened breasts
- Nipples or areolas are in lower position than usual
- Unsymmetrical breasts from breastfeeding
- Unproportional breasts
- Healthy with no severe diseases that can affect recovery process
- Women who’d like to have a good body shape
Generally, breast lift does not have affect breast functions. However, women who plan out to be pregnant in the future should consult with a plastic surgeon since the change of breasts during pregnancy can affect the result of breast lift. Also, patients who plan to lose weight; patients should have stable and normal diet. More importantly, breasts should be fully developed so breast lift can be done in the young as well.
How to start Breast Lift?
A consultation with a plastic surgeon is the first step to breast lift for patients to understand and acknowledge more about shapes and structures of breasts. For patients’ decision-making, they will receive all needed information including
- Expectation and evaluation
- Alternatives in breasts lift and risks of complications
- Treatment courses provided by a plastic surgeon
Facts before Breast Lift
Before the surgery, a plastic surgeon usually asks about over health and physical body of patients since it affects the surgery. All evaluations must be made by a plastic surgeon only; the success, safety and satisfactions depend on information provided by not only by the surgeon but patients as well.
- Reveal all medical history, disease treatments, vitamin consumption, herbal supplement consumption, alcohol drinking and smoking
- Inform family history of breast cancer and patients’ clinical breast exams
- Follow instructions of a plastic surgeon both before and after strictly
Evaluation before Breast Lift
Breast lift is individually corrects breast problems which deliver different techniques which are evaluated by these following factors
- Breasts’ size and shape
- Areola’s size and position
- Severity of breast sagginess
- Skin condition and elasticity, including an amount of excess breast skin
Procedures of breast lift are various; however, there are 3 main popular procedures, depending on incision sites
- Vertical line from areolas to inframammary
- Horizontal line of inframammary
All incision sites help levitate breast tissues and reshape to correct the breast structure of breast tightness. Nipples and areolas are moved to their natural positions. In case that areolas are too huge, there might be removal involved. If the amount of excess skin is too much, skin removal might be involved to compensate the lost elasticity.
Incision sites can usually be hidden with clothes. Suture with silk is done in a deep level of breasts to create and support breasts. Others are used to stitch up the skin.
Suture of breast lift is evaluated according to its elasticity to decide the best way to do breast lift. Incisions can be around areolas or vertical and horizontal inframammary since it depends each patient’s breasts.
However, not every patient needs to have all 3 incisions mentioned; it can be only one which is areolas or two which is areolas and inframammary. Commonly, all 3 incisions are combined together; details of the procedure depend on excess skin and skin conditions of patients.
When excess skin is removed, the breasts’ shape is structuralized and breasts are tightened. Remaining skin is pulled firmly once sutured. Some incisions are covered by structures according to natural breasts but some still appear. Incisions last permanently but eventually fade from time to time.
Preparation before Breast Reduction
- Assessment, evaluation, analysis and treatment of breast reduction
- Dates of treatments and follow-ups
- Information about anesthesia
- Post-operation care and follow-ups
- No vitamin consumption
- No smoking and alcoholic drinks
Moreover, patients are asked to sign a consent form for surgery to assure that patients understand procedures, possibilities and risks of complications after surgeon’s explanation.
Risks of breast lift can be blood clot under skin, infections, unhealthy recovery process, nipple sensation and a temporary change of breasts. All surgeries are risky in terms of anesthesia. All risks are acknowledged by patients before signing a consent form.
Another important factor is that patients must ask a plastic surgeon every question directly. It is normal to get nervous and worried about expecting results or stressed before a surgery which patients should tell the plastic surgeon.
Follow-ups after breast lift
After the surgery, patients are bound with elastin fabric or bras that support breasts to reduce swollen during recovery process. A tiny tube might be inserted under skin to release blood clot.
Other instructions include
- Avoid water to get in contact with incisions
- Take medications to help recovery process and infections
- Post-operation care and overall health
- Follow-ups with a plastic surgeon
At first, swollen and pressure are normal; however, medications are provided to soothe such conditions. Supporting bras should be worn until the second week. Cleansing incisions and applying beeswax are important. To reach a good result, follow the instructions of a surgeon; gentle leisure activities can be done 2-3 days afterwards.
Recovery process takes 5-10 days after stitching off. The incision gradually gets better and better; swollen becomes less visible. Instructions should be strictly followed as well as losing weight because gaining too much weight can cause to unexpecting results.
Results of shapes and positions of breasts after breast lift start to appear 2-3 months afterwards. Incisions might have a chance to turn into scars but they are in invisible positions. Breasts will change through time according to age and gravity. The lifted breasts will last longer if patients have stable weight and good health. Also, take care of their new breasts to be tightened all the time.
- Hospital accommodations
- OR and recovery room charges
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Preoperative routine lab test
- Pre op medicines, anesthesia, medical gas
- Professional fees (surgeons, anesthesiologist, nurses)
- Post op care
- Transportation (hotel-hospital-hotel)
- Mobile SIM card